This dating of information on this page is incorrect or inconsistent with new sources. Read with caution. Once the timeline has been updated, this template may be removed.
c. 32 BBY
Stealth operations trooper
Stealth Ship Crew
Blackout was a stealth operations commander that served during the Clone Wars under the command of High Jedi General Obi-Wan Kenobi. Blackout was a very experienced stealth trooper and participated in many covert missions.
In 22 BBY, Blackout was assigned a mission to use a stealth ship to sneak past the Separatists blockade guarding Christophsis and deliver supplies. Due to one of the crew members being injured, a shiny named Spark was assigned to "step up" and take his spot. Throughout the entire mission, Blackout acted as a mentor to Spark, and manned the station across from the shiny. The stealth ship launched, but Admiral Trench, who was commanding the Separatists blockade, anticipated that the Republic would not bear to have Christophsis attacked, and sent Hyena Bombers to hit a command post. The crew of the ship turned around and decided to attack Trench's ship.
The crew launched torpedoes, but they proved ineffective against Trench's thermal shields. Anakin Skywalker, who was piloting the ship, got Trench to launch tracking torpedoes, and told Blackout and the stealth troops to send all power to the engines. Skywalker flew straight over to Trench's ship and as the stealth ship slided off, the torpedoes exploded, destroying Trench's flagship. Blackout and the other troopers flew to Christophsis, and deivered the supplies, and the commander informed Spark that he was now officially part of the crew.
Armor and EquipmentEdit
Blackout wore the standard stealth operations armor, which was painted dark gray with Republic symbols on the shoulder "bells", and had white and red markings on his helmet. Blackout's sonic helmet contained experimental comm gear, and in addition to the present markings, Blackout added a yellow streak and Jaig Eyes, a symbol of honor.
- In the episode gallery of "Cat and Mouse" (slide 8), it calls Blackout a trooper, not a commander. It may be, though, that he was called this because all commanders are troopers.
- Blackout on RebelScum.com
- Blackout (clone trooper) on Wookieepedia
- "Cat and Mouse" episode gallery (slide 8) on starwars.com
- Clone troopers in the Databank (backup link)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Clone troopers in the Databank (backup link)
- ↑ See Regulation 4, Clone Trooper Birth Date
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Cat and Mouse"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 "Cat and Mouse" episode gallery (slide 8) on starwars.com
- ↑ Blackout on RebelScum.com
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 The Essential Reader's Companion