This page requires a cleanup to perform a higher standard of quality. This may include fixing photos, sections, templates, and overall content. When the page matches the guidelines set in the regulations and format, this template may be removed.
Clone commandos, also referred to as Republic Commandos and later Imperial Commandos, were an elite type of trooper. Unlike regular units, they were commanded under the Special Operations Brigade, and carried out special missions, including infiltration, sabotage, espionage, assassination, recon and counter-terrorism. They often worked in squads that consisted of four troopers, each of which had a different specialty. Each squad a sergeant who served as the leader, though commandos could also be given other ranks, such as captain.
Soon after the Kaminoans began secretly working on the Republic's clone army ordered by the Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas, the Kaminoans felt that the regular clone infantry would not be very well suited in some more intense situations. As a result, they began work on a branch of clone commandos which were designed to be better suited in certain situations that required more experience than the average clone trooper had.
Notable Squads Edit
Notable Individuals Edit
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Distant Echo"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Witches of the Mist"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Missing in Action"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Bad Batch"
- Star Wars: Rebels – "Relics of the Old Republic"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "On the Wings of Keeredaks"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Unfinished Business"
- Star Wars: Rebels – "The Lost Commanders"