- "Ion Team, Commander, attached to the Twenty-second out of Boz Pity."
- ―Climber introducing his squad
The squad fought at the battle of Deko Neimoidia along with Jedi General Roan Shryne. After the battle they were deployed to Boz Pity, and later to Battle on Murkhana. The squad were later given Order 66. The squad thought it was a Separatist plot and the order was not valid. They saved Shryne, as well as fellow Jedi Bol Chatak and Olee Starstone.
They saved the Jedi from Commander Salvo, by planning a counter-strike, which allowed the Jedi to escape. Anakin Skywalker, the newly dubbed Darth Vader, tracked them down and would kill Ras and the squad's comm specialist. This gave Captain Climber and Trace time to escape. Vader ordered his men to track the remaining commandos. In this time, Vader would engage the Jedi, killing Shryne and Chatack, but allowing Starstone to escape. After decapitating Chatack, Vader was told that Climber and Trace had been captured and put in prison.
- Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader
- ↑ Clone troopers in the Databank (backup link)
- ↑ All Clones were participated in the Clone Wars
- ↑ Order 66 was given during the Galactic Empire era.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader
- ↑ Star Wars: Obsession 4
- ↑ Labyrinth of Evil
- ↑ Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader states that Ion Team came from Boz Pity. The line reads:
- Ion Team, Commander, attached to the Twenty-second out of Boz Pity.
- ―Climber introducing his squad (pg. 13)
- ↑ Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader states that Ion Team participated in the Battle of Deko Neimoidia. The book reads:
- We fought together on Deko Neimoidia.
- ―Climber introducing his relationship with General Shryne. (pg. 13)