This article's information is out of date and requires an update to it. Please read the following material with awareness of possible misinformation and old info.
c. 32 BBY
Black (Blonde; White w/ age)
|You may be looking for the pages with the same name.|
- "Sir, if I may address your accusation, I followed your orders, even in the face of a plan, that was in my opinion, severely flawed. A plan that cost us men, not clones, men!"
- ―Rex, while arguing with General Pong Krell.
Rex, or CT-7567, was a clone trooper captain during the Clone Wars. He personally commanded Torrent Company, part of the 501st Legion, a famous clone trooper unit in the Grand Army of the Republic. He served under Jedi General Anakin Skywalker and Jedi Commander Ahsoka Tano and lead the 501st Legion in many major battles such as on Christophisis, Teth, Rishi Moon, Saleucami, Kamino, Lola Sayu, Umbara, Mandalore, Scipio, Ringo Vinda and Anaxes. Later in the war, He sometime removed his inhibitor chip thus not following Order 66, along with Commander Wolffe and Captain Gregor. After the Clone Wars, He than resided in a modified AT-TE Walker along with Wolffe and Gregor. He was visited by the crew of the Ghost who was sent by Ahsoka Tano, his long time comrade to recruit him to the Rebellion.
Battle of ChristophsisEdit
Rex participated in the Battle of Christophsis against the Separatists led by Sith Alycote Asajj Ventress and General Whorm Loathsom. Rex with Bravo Squad and leading with Obi-Wan Kenobi when Anakin and Ahsoka were trying to disable the shield.
Battle of TethEdit
After the Battle of Christophsis, Skywalker and Tano were assigned to save Rotta the huttlet who was the son of Jabba Desilijic Tiure also a Hutt. They were ordered to convince Jabba to give GAR access to hyperspace lanes going through Hutt Space by brining Jabba the baby. Rex and other members of Torrent Company went with the 2 Jedi who were going to the planet Teth, where ARF troopers tracked the Huttlet. The clifftop monastery where Rotta was being held prisoner was half a mile high and was being protected by battle droids, Anakin launched a vertical assault up the cliff to reach Rotta. LAAT gunships took Rex and Torrent Company to the top of the cliff. When the droids begin to shoot at the ship Hawk closed the gunships blast shields in order to deflect the incoming blaster fire. The gunships landed below the cliff and provided cover for the Jedi and clone troopers. While following the Jedi's lead Torrent Company scaled the cliff using ascension cables. When Torrent Company got to the monastery they learned that the Separatists were Rotta's capturers.
Shipyards of GworiEdit
As the Clone Wars Continued the navy of the Separatists grew four times bigger than the Republic Navy which put the war effort of the Republic at a disadvantage. With the strong possibility of being defeated in the clone wars, the Jedi High Council decided to impair Separatist ship production by attacking the InterGalactic Banking Clan's Separatist allied shipyards. The exact location of the shipyards was unknown the job of finding out was given to Skywalker, Kenobi, and Rex.
- "Today we fight for all our brothers back home."
- ―Rex, giving a motivational speech to his troops.
Rex was deployed to the Bith system, on board the Venator-class star destroyer Resolute, because of the threat of a new Separatist superweapon. The Resolute was to protect supply convoys. Rex was on the bridge and when Kenobi contacted them, he informed Kenobi of where Skywalker was and what his orders were. The Jedi soon found out that the superweapon was the Malevolence, equipped with a fearsome ion-pulse cannon. The Resolute was one of the ships that attacked the Malevolence, and played a large role in its destruction. After the battle, Commander Cody and Captain Rex were sent to inspect several small Repulic outposts. During the inspection of a tracking station, Rex realized that a cleaning droid was actually a spy droid. Rex, and a squad of troopers soon eliminated it, though they destroyed the hallway.
The two officers then went to inspect the outpost on the Rishi Moon. When they contacted the troopers there, Rex had a bad feeling about it. Cody then put Rex in charge of the operation. Upon arriving they were greeted by what they thought was a clone trooper, but was a new type of droid known as a commando droid. Rex and Cody turned around when they heard an object flying through the air; a droid attack flare. Rex raised his DC-15S blaster carbine and fired into the droids skull. The two were then attacked, which forced them off of the platform. After reaching the ground, they met clone troopers Echo, Fives and Hevy. The five mounted a counterattack against the droids and successfully eliminated the droids, only to discover more droids were on the way. Hevy were able to destroy all the droids, but sacrificed himself so his brothers could survive.
Rex and Skywalker returned to Coruscant, where Rex foresaw over a blaster training range to help maintain his troops combat skills. Later after their return, word had reached the Jedi High Council that General Grievous was targeting the planet Bothawui, which was home to the key Republic affiliated Bothan Spynet. Skywalker was immediately given command of his own battle group to defend the world from the impending attack. Kenobi, who was out of action due to being injured in a recent terrorist bombing, had Rex and the 501st Legion put on standby for Skywalker's team, knowing that Skywalker would want the legion for his strike force. After receiving his orders that he would be a part of the response team, Rex got his men on the Star Destroyer Resolute, which was being prepared for Skywalker's fleet along with two other Venator-class Star Destroyers, the Pioneer and Dauntless. Rex then was reunited with Skywalker. Once all was ready, they set off for the Both system, with Grievous and an armada of four Munificent-class star frigates pursuing them to the planet. Although they beat Grievous to the planet, Skywalker, Tano, and Rex learned from Kenobi that Grievous was still in pursuit.
Joining the RebellionEdit
Rex survived the Clone Wars and the Republic's transformation into the Galactic Empire. Following the Clone Wars, Rex was living with Commander Wolffe and Captain Gregor in a modified AT-TE on the desert planet of Seelos. Several years prior to the Battle of Yavin, Rex and his comrades encountered a group of rebels that included the Jedi Purge survivor Kanan Jarrus and his apprentice Ezra Bridger. The crew of the Ghost had been sent by Rex's old ally, Padawan Ahsoka Tano, to obtain information on abandoned bases that the growing Rebel network could use in their fight against the Empire.
Armor and EquipmentEdit
Rex was normally armed with two DC-17 blaster pistols. He had armor with blue markings, since he was part of the 501st Legion. He had tally marks on his helmet and wrists, and had Jaig Eyes on his helmet, which was only given to the bravest of warriors. He wore a kama with a pauldron, due to his rank as captain. His armor was very battle used, representing his time on battle.
- Star Wars: Rebels – "Always To There Are"
- Star Wars: Rebels – "Brothers of the Broken Horn"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars film
- Star Wars: Rebels – "Relics of the Republic"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rookies"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Downfall of a Droid"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Duel of the Droids"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Trespass"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Hidden Enemy"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "ARC Troopers"
- LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Darknass of Umbara"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The General"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Plan of Dissent"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Carnage of Krell"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Kidnapped"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Slaves of the Republic"
- Star Wars: Rebels – "Stealth Strike"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Unknown"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Orders"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Crisis at the Heart"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Deserter"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Bad Batch"
- Star Wars: Rebels – "Wings of the Master"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Distant Echo"
- Star Wars: Rebels – "The Lost Commanders"
- Dark Disciple
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Bad Batch"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Distant Echo"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "On the Wings of Keeradaks"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Unfinished Business"
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Star Wars: The Clone Wars film
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rookies"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Deserter"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "ARC Troopers"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Citadel"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Counterattack"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Citadel Rescue"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Darkness on Umbara"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The General"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Plan of Dissent"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Carnage of Krell"
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Ahsoka Novel
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Crisis at the Heart"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Unknown"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Bad Batch"
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 16.2 Star Wars: Rebels – "The Lost Commanders"
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 Star Wars: Rebels – "Relics of the Old Republics"
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 18.2 18.3 The Clone Wars: Mouse Hunt